The Age Loss Program’s skin care regimen is designed to accommodate the needs of busy people and should not take more than a few minutes a day to implement. I do recommend, however, that you begin the skin care regimen on a weekend or on a morning when you don’t have to rush out of e house. In this way you can familiarize yourself with the basic routine of best skin care regimen day and night
The night before you begin the skin care regimen, you should prepare your skin by giving yourself a ten-minute al face sauna. This is not only a wonderful way to soften deep-clean your skin, but most people find it a highly and deep clean and enjoyable experience.
For your face sauna you will need a prepackaged mixture dried herbs from your local herb shop (Body Shop or Aveda) health food store. If you have time, you can create your own herbal mixture. My favorite mix is two tablespoons of lavender and one tablespoon each of orange blossoms, pepper-mint, chamomile, and fennel seeds.
HERBAL FACE SAUNA
Boil one quart of water. Mix in the herbs. Turn off the heat and cover the pot for two minutes. Remove the pot from the heat and put it on a table. Sit or stand about one foot away. Make a tent like cover out of a towel and cover your head as lean over the hot pot. Close your eyes and take a few deep, relaxing breaths. You may want to listen to soothing music Steam your face. Wait ten minutes. Splash cool water your skin will be Ultra-clean and radiate with good health, and tomorrow morning, you will be ready to begin your skin care program which is the best skin care regimen day and night.
Your Morning skin care Regimen
1. Always start with a clean face and neck. Before you apply any skin product to your face or neck, make sure that your face is absolutely clean. Splash warm (not hot) water on your face and neck. Put a small amount of a mild, no soap cleanser in your hand and rub it into your face and neck. Be sure to use as mild a cleanser as possible. Particularly gentle are soaps and cleansers that contain chamomile extract, such as CamoCare Chamomile Cleansing Therapy and Basis for sensitive skin.) Rinse by splashing warm water on face at least ten times. Lightly pat dry with a soft towel. Don’t tug or pull at your face for the best skin care regimen day and night
2. Apply vitamin C serum or cream. Gently rub a small amount of vitamin C cream or serum on your face and on back sides and front of your neck. Vitamin C should always be the first cream to touch the skin so it can be absorbed immediately. If you want to use a vitamin C product under your eyes, be sure to use only weaker strength products signed for use in this sensitive area. Use just enough to the skin with a thin layer. Do not assume that if a little vitamin C is good, a lot is even better. A little vitamin C
a long way, and too much can be irritating. Whatever your skin type, vitamin C cream may sting slightly after you apply it,’ but any discomfort should disappear within a few seconds .
Your Evening Skin care regimen
- Always Start out with a clean face and neck. If you costume makeup be sure to take away all traces of it. If you use waterproof eye makeup, you will need a gentle eye remover. Wash your face as you did in the morning.
2. Apply alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) cream or lotion. Always apply your AHA product to clean skin and wait half an hour before putting on your retinol cream and moisturizer. This will give the AHA time to penetrate your skin avoid diluting it.
If you have dry skin, use an AHA cream. If AHA makes your skin too dry, or if you find it irritating, use a low percentage AHA cream only every other day or even every second third day for best skin care regimen day and night
Do not apply an AHA lotion or cream close to your eyes or on your eyelids because it can cause irritation and discomfort fort. If you have puffy or lined areas under your eyes, use only an AHA cream designed for that sensitive area.
3. Apply your retinol cream. Put a small dab of retinol cream in your hand and rub it gently on your face and neck do not apply retinol near your eyes. Let the retinol cream absorb into your skin for about ten minutes before applying moisturizer. People with sensitive skin may experience tingling or redness. If you find that retinol cream irritates your skin, try using it every other day instead of every day on nights when you’re not using AHA.
4. Reapply your moisturizer Spray cool water on your face. Pat dry but leave the skin slightly moist. Gently mass moisture cream into your skin best skin care regimen day and night